Word add-in: Sometimes "p." sometimes "S."

Hi,
I have reinstalled my computer etc. plus Zotero and have moved to Word 2010 from XP.
I cannot remember the citation style i was using but thought it was APA.
However, new references in my (German) text have p. indicating the page, the old ones have S., as it should be.
How can I sort this out.
I still do not really know whether I have to make these changes in Zotero itself or in the Word Plugin.
  • it depends on the citation style. Some citation styles hard-code a "p." in the style, in which case it would never turn into S. in German. Other citation styles have a default language and will always use English abbreviations. But generic citation styles like APA should use German abbreviations on a German computer. So find out which style you're using first and then we can tell you more.
  • Hey there,
    nearly the same problem here.
    I use Zotero for the first time today, working on a Mac as standalone.
    I need to use the APA style, too. Think ist the 6th version.
    When I insert a citation the style also inserts a "p." instead of an "S."
    System language is german, everything is fine - but this really makes me nuts.
    Even tried to change the language in the .csl file (read it before) but it didn't work as well.
    Help urgently needed, cus I gotta write fast :)
  • Make sure you have the most recent version of the APA style installed from the repository. It should really do that correctly - how about other things? E.g. are editors (eds.) or (Hrsg.)?
  • edited August 2, 2012
    Again installed the recent version of the APA from the repository,
    Other things seem to make trouble, too.
    No "Hrsg.", just an "Ed."...
    Volume stays "vol." instead of "Bd."
    damn..any Idea what to do?

And thanks :)
  • hello,
    it is APA 6th version. Oh, and Hg. is ed. and Hgs. is eds.
    Hmmmm....
  • I'll have a look - try one of the citation styles marked explicitly as German on the repository and see if those work in the meantime.
  • Hi,
    adding to this, the website quoting is awkward.
    I assume it is supposed to indicate sth like "date visited" or "Zugriff am" when citing but it only gives the year.
  • With the APA 6th version I have found that it references publications with mulitple authors in the text as:
    Lee, Dickinson, & Ashby, 1999, p. 228.
    I think the & should not be trailed by a comma.
  • Please don't make assumptions about APA style - look them up.
    Both the lack of a retrieved date and the comma before the ampersand (&) are correct APA:
    http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/03/

I have a hard time replicating your issue with APA language - how are things in
    1. any of the Chicago Manual styles?
    2. any of the styles that are marked explicitly as german on the repository?