Can I format the "and" separating author names separately to the author names themsevles?

Hi,

I am trying to replicate the citation style I need to use for a conference paper that I'm writing. I've managed to do it all apart from one bit: the conference style guide says that the author names (surname plus initials) must be in small-caps, but the "and" used to separate the last two authors must be in normal text (ie. not small-caps).

I can't see any way to do this looking at the CSL specification, but I'm not hugely experienced with CSL.

Is this possible?

In case it's useful, the bits of CSL I'm using for the author stuff are:

<names variable="author">
<name name-as-sort-order="all" sort-separator=" " delimiter=", " form="long" delimiter-precedes-last="always" initialize-with="." and="text"/>
<label form="short" prefix=" (" suffix=")" text-case="lowercase" strip-periods="true"/>
<substitute>
<names variable="editor"/>
<text macro="anon"/>
</substitute>
</names>
</macro>

<text font-variant="small-caps" macro="author"/>
  • This should do it:

<names variable="author">
    <name name-as-sort-order="all" sort-separator=" " delimiter=", " form="long" delimiter-precedes-last="always" initialize-with="." and="text">
    <name-part name="family" font-variant="small-caps"/>
    <name-part name="given" font-variant="small-caps"/>
    </name>
    <label form="short" prefix=" (" suffix=")" text-case="lowercase" strip-periods="true"/>
    <substitute>
    <names variable="editor"/>
    <text macro="anon"/>
    </substitute>
    </names>
    </macro>

http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#name-part-formatting