Style Request: Seminary Style

I realize it may take a while, but since I'm not familiar with coding, I'd like to request a style be made. I'm not certain what info to include here, so below are the formats from previous work I've done.

The style is pretty much Chicago/Turabian full note, but with the following being different:

N = footnote, B = bibliography

BOOK
N: Arthur S. Link and Richard L. McCormick, Progressivism, The American History Series (Arlington Heights, IL: Harlan Davidson, Inc., 1983).
B: Link, Arthur S. and Richard L. McCormick. Progressivism. The American History Series. Arlington Heights, IL: Harlan Davidson, Inc., 1983.

Difference: In the bibliography, Chicago places a comma after the first author so that it reads "Link, Arthur S., and Richard L. McCormick" That comma should be dropped. The only time commas should be added is if there are three or more, then it would be "Last, First, First Last, and First Last."

JOURNALS
N: Norman J. Kansfield, "The Ghost of Revivals Past," Reformed Review 37 (Autumn 1983): 26.
B: Kansfield, Norman J. "The Ghost of Revivals Past." Reformed Review 37 (Autumn 1983): 25-37.

Difference: The "no. #" is dropped, leaving only the issue.

INTERNET
N: Campus Crusade for Christ International, "Campus Crusade for Christ International at a Glance" [on-line]; accessed 26 March 2010; available from http://www.ccci.org/about-us/index.htm; Internet.
B: Campus Crusade for Christ International. "Campus Crusade for Christ International at a Glance" [on-line]. Accessed 26 March 2010. Available from http://www.ccci.org/about-us/index.htm; Internet.

Difference: Significant difference. Notice the triple notification that it's a web-based source, also notice the date order is "D M Y" and not "M D, Y" as many Americans use. Also, notice the switch between semi-colons in the footnote and periods/caps in the biblio. Finally, "Internet" is capitalized.

Final differences: the current Chicago places commas and periods outside the quotation marks, they need to go inside them for this style.
  • edited July 5, 2012
    I'm not certain what info to include here
    Please see the guide for requesting a style:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles
  • sorry, there is just no capacity to create custom styles for individual seminaries/institutes/departments, so this almost certainly won't happen. I recommend using the SBL style.
    Otherwise you can try doing this yourself, but these type of styles are harder than, say, styles in the sciences:http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
    Final differences: the current Chicago places commas and periods outside the quotation marks, they need to go inside them for this style.
    If you have a US version of Firefox installed that's not the case - Zotero places all punctuation inside quotation marks as per the rules of American English.
  • edited July 5, 2012
    sorry, there is just no capacity to create custom styles for individual seminaries/institutes/departments
    To my knowledge, this style is used across at least six schools, thus it's not an individual seminary or institution any more than some of the others I've seen requested.
    If you have a US version of Firefox installed that's not the case
    I have a US version of Firefox and MS Word installed, and it is the case that the comma/period are placed outside the quotes.
  • edited July 5, 2012
    Please see my post above. Essentially all styles are written by volunteers. The link above will give you a guide to make the case for your style request. Be specific. What institutions require this style? Where is there an online document that provides a formal statement of the rules? You did describe similarities and differences to/ from Chicago but only gave a couple of examples. A formal document of all the rules is essential. A rationale for making this a higher priority than other requested styles would not hurt your case. Do certain scholarly journals require the style? What are the journals?
  • edited July 5, 2012
    I have a US version of Firefox and MS Word installed, and it is the case that the comma/period are placed outside the quotes.
    it's not in a working and up to date version. Re-install the Chicago style from the repository (zotero.org/styles). If that doesn't change things, report this as an error in a separate thread:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
    To my knowledge, this style is used across at least six schools, thus it's not an individual seminary or institution any more than some of the others I've seen requested.
    styles are coded by volunteers, in at least 9 out of 10 cases that's me, which means I kind of get to make the rules ;-). I don't think there is a rationale for department/school/seminary styles to exists - especially where there is a perfectly nice standard like SBL - so they're at the bottom of my priority list.

We happily accept such styles to the repository if individuals or institutions submit them, which has worked very nicely for the UK, where a lot of schools have their own style version. It's also the case e.g. for the Wheaton College style, which is maintained by someone at Wheaton. I'm happy to help people willing to try that with specific questions.

As a final option, there is the option to pay for development - there are a couple of people willing to do that, prices range between $100-200 US/style.

edit: and what DWL says - this is a different story if this is a style required by a journal or publisher.