Zotero Crash on Firefox 12.0

Report ID: 1160286276

Just opened Zotero to work with some of my citations, and after clicking the toolbar icon to open the half-window, the main reading pane went blank and showed just the following message:
"An error has occurred. Please restart Firefox. You can report this error by selecting "Report Errors..." from the Actions (gear) menu."

I cannot close the Zotero partial window, and every time I try, I get the message "There was an error starting Zotero." So that stinks.

I am using Firefox 12.0 on a MacBook running OS 10.6.8, with all the latest updates installed and Adobe Acrobat 10.1.3 currently disabled due to apparent conflicts with Firefox's PDF handling.
  • to start with the obvious - you have restarted your computer?
    Also, have you tried disabling all other Firefox add-ons?
  • I restarted Firefox and the problem went away. I just posted the error to the forum here, since I was instructed to do so when I reported the error via the Zotero settings tool.
  • I am having the same problem, report ID: 1672178063

It's happened a number of times for me, and it's fixing it when i restart, but that's getting pretty annoying....any suggestions or fixes would be much appreciated (though i'm a free user, so i appreciate anything that can be done, Zotero has been great to use on a whole!)

Brendan

PS - I, like Roccondil, am also using OS 10.6.8, but on a MacBook Pro
  • This just happened again to me, report ID: 943806026

Any ideas out there??
  • As adamsmith mentioned, have you tried disabling other Firefox addons? It looks like the problem is very intermittent, so I imagine that you might not want to disable all the addons for a long time. Start with the ones you don't use very often in that case.
  • This might be due to a bug in 3.0.7 that we've fixed for 3.0.8, which should be available in the next few days. Until 3.0.8 comes out, try disabling auto-sync in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences to see if that helps.
  • Great, thanks to you both, i'll start with disabling auto-sync and then go to some of the add-ons if there's still trouble after 3.0.8 comes out. Thanks again!