Zotero does not detect a link to the library

Dear all,

the following problem occured. After copying citations from my own library to a group library, and correcting the links in the Word document, Zotero does not detect the link to the library and prompts an error message "Dieser Eintrag existiert nicht mehr in ihrer Zotero-Datenbank. Wollen sie einen anderen Eintrag als Ersatz auswählen." (This entry doesn't exist in your zotero-library. Do you want to choose another entry as an alternative?)"

Please help :)

Regards,
Stefan
  • "and correcting the links in the Word document"
    how exactly?
    (In general, you avoid this type of problem entirely by checking "Store References in Document" under Set Document Preferences in the Word plugin.)
  • I went trough all the citations and changed the links from "own library" to "group library".
  • The box is checked to store references in document.
  • We need to add, that we corrected the links to our group library on one laptop and are now having this problem on another pc of a colleague who has also access to the same group library.

Thanks
  • just to clarify - when you say "corrected links" you mean you replaced the citation with the identical one from the group library, correct?

If you're using Word, have it show you the field codes using alt+F9 - you should see full citation data embedded in the citation - is that the case?

You're sure that you're colleague has her group library synced properly?
  • If the box to store references in the document is checked, this isn't supposed to happen. Would you mind emailing the document to support@zotero.org so that we can take a look?
  • @adamsmith: Yes, that is correct. We went through and replaced them with group library citations.

Regarding the group library: Yes, the associated folders in the group library were uploaded by the colleague who cannot use the document with the "corrected links" now.

When I hit alt+F9 the citations look like this:
    ADDIN ZOTERO_ITEM {"citationID":"16090td57a","properties":{"formattedCitation":"(Benyus et al. 2009)","plainCitation":"(Benyus et al. 2009)"},"citationItems":[{"id":1306,"uris":["http://zotero.org/users/720480/items/EKCE9QUW"],"uri":["http://zotero.org/users/720480/items/EKCE9QUW"]}]}

I will see that I can prepare a part of the document for the support. It is ongoing research.

Thank you very much
  • edited May 3, 2012
    Report ID 247487700 I am receive the following msg: This entry in your zotero-library is corrupt. Do you want to replace it"
    When I try to replace the entry Zotero loads and loads. Right now it won't work at all not even in a new word document. I am using my own library. Please help.
  • Charme - please start a new thread - similar issue, but not the same and troubleshooting it will look completely different, so let's not confuse the two.
    Before you post in the new thread, also check your database integrity from the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences and include those results.