keyboard shortcut for opening pdf

It isn't possible to use Zotero by keyboard at the moment because one can't open PDFs with the keyboard. Can we add this feature?
  • you should be able to open the context menu of an item from your keyboard. In Windows and linux, the right system key (to the right of AltGr) does that. I would imagine in Mac the right option key would?
    you can then scroll to view pdf.
  • We should probably make Return/Enter on the attachment do this. There's not really an easy way to do this on a Mac. (I think you have to either use Mouse Keys or a third-party program.)

We could also conceivably override the expand action on the parent, since it's a duplicate of right-arrow.
  • agreed that return should do that - was certainly the first thing I tried.
  • Hi. Is 'Enter' to open an attachment still being considered? I'm very fond of expanding items with the arrow keys, and Enter to open the pdf seems natural to me. I use the standalone, so I only have my default viewer as an option: is the browser/external viewer decision maybe forestalling this implementation?
  • I believe that the only thing forestalling implementation is that someone has to do it.
  • I pick you! ;)
  • You could probably accomplish this already by using ZoteroQuickLook and configuring your default PDF reader as the quicklook command. ( I assume that this is the third party software that Dan is referring to)
  • I just meant some program that allows mouse operations via the keyboard in order to access the context menu.
  • Return/Enter will be equivalent to double-click in 3.0.9.