Word-Plugin kills formatting in Non-US Versions

Hi there,
I am using a German Word 2007 version and Zotero everytime kills my Bibliography style. I'll explain the problem first and then point you guys to a potential way how to fix it (hoping this gets read and fixed):

If I work in a Word document with Zotero and at one point insert a Bibliography it is formatted not at all. Reason is that there is no standard format in the German localized version of Word called "Bibliography" but one called "Literaturverzeichnis". Now I can either apply the format manually each time or I try to create a style called Bibliogrpahy. The latter solution unfortunately doesn't work, because once I close the document and reopen it. Word has itself translated my manually created style to "Literaturverzeichnis 1". The next time I update the Biblography with Zotero I have to manually edit the style again.

The problem here seems to be that the Word Plugin is trying to apply the style hardcoded by giving the exact name instead of using the constant for pre-defined styles. What to look for in Visual Basic reference is "WdBuiltinStyle" and the style name itself is "wdStyleBibliography".

Hope this hint is helpful. If not I'm happy to provide more info to get this fixed.

Thanks for developing Zotero and sharing it with us!

Jan
  • See also: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/20977/problem-with-format-template-in-swedish-ms-word/
  • thanks for pointing me there. with my proposal it should be relatively easy to fix this problem.

keep the fingers crossed =)