Error (maybe because screen is too thin)

The past couple of times I have started Zotero, with my laptop screen vertical (not landscape) with a 800 pixel width I have the following error message.

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: chrome://tabutils/content/tabutils.js:3404

and the error report is 1205733284

Which is
{file: "<unknown>" line: 0}]

[JavaScript Error: "Image corrupt or truncated: <unknown>" {file: "<unknown>" line: 0}]

[JavaScript Error: "Image corrupt or truncated: <unknown>" {file: "<unknown>"

If I click on stop the script then Zotero shows fine.

Whether relevant to the above or not, as an aside, I recommend arranging ones screen vertically especially in this era of wide screens, especially when using Zotero in bottom of the screen/non-tab mode.
  • That message isn't from Zotero.
  • Dear Mr. Stillman

I am sorry I am not sure what you mean. Just a user me.

The message occurs when I click a Zotero button to start Zotero and (I just arrived back here to say) the following message occured when I clicked on the tab view button to put zotero in the non-tab view.

"
    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js:506
    "
    With report ID 272894624

The start up error occured more than once before I reported it here, and I could have sworn that on earlier occasions I saw the latter content/xpcom/db.js:506 because I remember thinking that it might be the corruption of my "db" database.

Tim
  • For that message:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/unresponsive_script_warning

The message you originally posted, as Dan says, has nothing to do with Zotero, even if it may have occurred when you tried to open it.
  • The computer I was using is very fast. I do not usually get these message when using Zotero. I think that it may have something to do with my setting the screen to be tall and thin.

Most importantly, in any event, I do not get such messages when I am not using Zotero but I get the message every time I use Zotero, or move between tab and non tab mode, on that computer in the vertical (tall and thin) screen setting.

"While Zotero is performing long operations, Firefox may display the message:... "

I was not asking Zotero to perform that which would normally be termed "a long operation". Ordinarily, starting Zotero on that computer in non-vertical mode or on any other computer, is not a long operation but occurs almost instantaneously, and moving between tabbed and non tabbed mode occurs instantaneously too.

I pressed stop, rather than continue. All was well.

"Nothing to do with Zotero...."...umm..?

Tim
  • edited April 8, 2012
    "Nothing to do with Zotero...."...umm..?

if you don't believe the guy who wrote the software (i.e Dan), why do you bother to ask?

Those message in your first post are not from Zotero. The slow script is from tabutils - I believe another FF add-on. It's possible it's interfering with Zotero - try disabling it - but that's really all there is to say.
    The db.js message in your second post is from Zotero - it is not uncommon to come up when you first open the Zotero panel.
  • "if you don't believe the guy who wrote the software (i.e Dan), why do you bother to ask? "

I am sorry the "?" in my previous post was to express my confusion at being told that something that only happens when I use Zotero was not Zotero related. I did not mean to ask anything.

However, it seems you have been so kind as to solve my confusion; Zotero may not be compatible with tab-utils. I will check that out.

Tim
  • And further, sorry, you clearly are asking a question regarding my behaviour.

I make bug reports because I hope the software, zotero, gets better and better.

Tim
  • This problem occured on more than one computer and then just went away after a while. Zotero now starts up instantly.