Who do I contact for Zotero promotion information

Hi,

I'm currently on many Zotero promotion projects. I have two targets. First is to get Zotero to be the main research tool at Université de Montréal (UdM) and at Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). Second is to create a Zotero community in Montreal (mainly to organise our frech support and work on translation, documentation and styles).

Objectif 1 is going well. At UQAM I'll soon give a formation for all Librarian. I UdM I'll form the genetic departement and they reseachers and I'm waiting from the Math départment for same formation. In each institutions, I'm also giving formation in course. Each time I give a formation I demand that the participants fills a appreciation form. I also demand a appreciation letter from the responsable of the invitation (mainly teachers and librarians directors). I whant to use these to make a file to promote Zotero to the administation of each university. For now the comments are great!!

Objectif 2 is on is way. The 28 of february we will have the first metting for the creation of the community. Right now my doodle show 12 attendants but I'm preatty shure we will be around 16. It's pretty good considering the quality of the people invited. Some are programmer working ont integration of Zotero in web sites and other environment (mainly Tiki Wiki) other are Teachers, Master and Doctorate Student. In this objectif we are also preparing a booksprint in Roma this summer. The goal is to create a 3.X guide for Zotero in French. To do soo we need to get people from all French speaking continent (one or two from each) to be finance by the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie. We also need every good marketing information on Zotero.

Soo mainly my question here is who do I contact to get information about :

- Active French Zotero promoter around the globe (I have a few name from a older post but if you have anything from Africa it would be nice)

- Zotero stats (how many download, where it's used, anything that shows how mutch it's a great application) I really need this info for my files to promote zotero at UdM and UQAM and for our file for the financement of our booksprint.

- Active project in my region (because I don't know maybe some other enthousiast in Montreal is doing the same job I'm doing ;) (can be english speaking... it would be nice to know people from Concordia and Mcgill university.

For the how I'm able to do all this... it's simple, I applied to a gouvernement program that pay me to do it! Soo I'm being poorly finance for a whole year (it ends by october 2012)

Waiting for your answer!

Good day,

François Laberge ;)
  • There is currently no database of projects or promoters.
    You're aware of the big Zotero francophone site?
    http://zotero.hypotheses.org/

Frédéric, who mainly runs that site, may know more people, though I believe currently the community there is predominantly French (as in the country, not the language).

Sean, the Zotero project director, had a blog post with some usage stats on Zotero:
    http://quintessenceofham.org/2011/05/21/on-usage-figures/

The other thing that I tend to point to in order to convince people is the rate of adoption of Zotero among major Universities - at least in the US, as far as I'm aware all major University libraries recommend (and in many cases support) Zotero: Among them Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Berkeley, Yale, MIT, Michigan, Northwestern, Duke, Columbia, Brown etc.
    I know less about this internationally, though because of its price (or rather the absence of it) and the availability in various languages I'd assume that Zotero does pretty in poorer countries, especially where people are less comfortable with English.
  • Bonjour François,

I am interested to know more about your initiative. I work at IRSST downtown Montréal. We have few users of Zotero here along with collaborators from ÉTS. Some of them might interested in what your are trying to achieve.
    Just drop me an email at hugnel@irsst.qc.ca
    Thx

Hugues Nélisse
  • Sorry for the late comment, I was sick all week-end long

To Adamsmith :

Thx for the link to Frédéric site, you already gave it to me in the pass and I contacted Frédéric. I'll keep in touch with him to see if he's (or any contacts of his) interested to work on the booksprint.

Wow the link "On Usage Figures" is super! I'm totaly with Sean considering the relativity of numbers. But I'll still use is accounts and instance numbers to give a idea of importance to our partners they need to know if it's small, medium or big.

About the adoption by major american university do you have any papers or article on Zotero comming from them. I'm thinking of critics, comment's, home documentations,etc. I know that the MIT [http://libguides.mit.edu/zotero] and Yale [http://www.library.yale.edu/cite/comparison.html] has some. But the more university the better ;)

To Ashen67 :

Salut Hugues,

Je t'ai envoyé le descriptif de la rencontre et l'ordre du jour préliminaire à ton courriel!

Good day!
  • Hi Adamsmith,

I'm wandering if it would be possible to get a support letter from zotero.org. We need to link your group to our project. The project is to make a booksprint to create a french zotero 3.X guide. We are only asking for something that shows your interest in considering our work toward developping french documentation.

I know it's natural for a open source project to be open to the work of others. But not all institution really understant what a FLOSS project is. So a letter showing the willingness of zotero.org could be a nice add on for our sumission to get finance for a booksprint on a french zotero guide.

What do you think?

Thx :)

Good day!
  • I'm not part of Zotero - write an e-mail to Sean Takats, the project director at GMU (e-mail address is easy to find), provide a brief summary of you proposal and say what you'd hope the letter should say.
    His research is on France and French Indochina, so if needed he'd probably be able to supply a letter in French, too.
  • Thx! Exactly what I needed!
  • foodle777,

I PM'ed you with my email.
    I might have some information for you.
  • Hello,

I'm Phd Student at UQAM and I'm also interest in this community in Montreal (also for bibliography)

Thanks for the following

François Robert