distinguish duplicate items

Hi,

The dublicate item merger is an excellent and really useful addition to Zotero's tools. However, I often have an biblio entry that is just the basic bib note, and another one for the same source which also has tags. So, I want to retain the one with the tages. How to achieve this ? I can't see the tags in the right pane.

Also, what means "merging" ? You add everything into a single citation ?

TIA
ftr
  • sorry for the typos
  • currently tags and attachments are combined - i.e. merging two items means the resulting items has all the tags and all the attachments of the original two (or more). I'd assume this will stay this way for tags. Identical attachments will eventually be deleted.
  • Ok, this helps. So I shall loose no info !

Thanks for the info

ftr
  • [Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or revive this old one.] Adam, you say that "identical attachments will eventually be deleted". Is this function available in Zotero yet? I can't find any mention of it. I've merged a bunch of duplicate items (great feature!) but now they all have 2 or 3 copies of the same PDF file. Any handy way to reduces the identical copies besides a manual curation?
  • Is this function available in Zotero yet? I can't find any mention of it. I've merged a bunch of duplicate items (great feature!) but now they all have 2 or 3 copies of the same PDF file. Any handy way to reduces the identical copies besides a manual curation?
    no and not that I'm aware of.