Adding and editing records and notes through web-interface

I've just picked up an iPad and am frustrated to realize that there's no way for me to add to or edit Zotero records when I'm working on it. I know work is going into Zotero Everywhere. Along the way, is there a plan to implement a serious editing interface for the web site? Short of an iOS client (or Safari Mobile plugin) that would finally let me use Zotero with my iPad, which I bought primarily for working with pdf files for my research. The lack of a viable iPad workflow has me considering a return to Endnote--which would be tragic since I strongly believe in Zotero as a free and open project.
  • I know work is going into Zotero Everywhere. Along the way, is there a plan to implement a serious editing interface for the web site?
    That's one of the main components of Zotero Everywhere.
  • I tried to add new attached notes to existing entires using the web interface (which is great otherwise -- thanks so much for it!!), and it seems that I cannot add notes using the iPad Safari browser.

Did I do something wrong?

The iPad workflow as described elsewhere (http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/16892/ipad-workflow/) works fine for me. The editing feature of the website would complement it perfectly especially as long as ZotPad doesn't support editing.

Thanks!
  • ZotPad will support editing soon. I plan to start a beta with 1.1 version that has support for uploading attached files next week. Then the next version after that (1.2) will support editing and adding notes and items. This should be ready before the summer, but it very much depends on how much time I can put aside for ZotPad.
  • Hi
    Until the summer it would be great to get the homepage interface to work.
    It seems that my safari might have some problems with submitting forms etc more generally.

On zotpad, mronkko: is ZotPad actually able to display notes that exist in my library? Because so far I could not view notes that are already attached to entries. I can see that they are their but I cannot view their content. (I can with the zotero web interface, however, there I see the HTML code... ) Btw: I sync with WebDAV if that makes any difference

Thanks for the help!
    J
  • edited March 22, 2012
    I'll check this out once I find an ipad today or tomorrow.
    edit: ah, if you're seeing html for notes on the website I'd guess tinymce doesn't work on that browser.
  • ZotPad does not currently display notes. There are a few design decisions that require some more thought, and I want to get this right the first time. I plan to implement these in the 1.2 version. I can hopefully start a limited public beta of 1.1 early next week.

(I will make an announcement of the beta when I start it, so there is no need to contact me on that at this point.)