Chrome Connector for Zotero

I got the Chrome Connector for Zotero, but for some reason, the Zotero icon doesn't show on the address bar for any websites, so I can't add anything to my Zotero Standalone. What should I do?
  • Try a NYT article or Amazon product page, and provide an example URL if you still don't see the icon.
  • May we request the "Create New Item from Current Page" feature on the connector? (Perhaps beside 'Save Zotero Snapshot from current page' as available in the context menu.)
  • mileallen: "Save Zotero Snapshot from Current Page" does exactly the same thing.

Also, please start new threads for separate issues. This isn't at all related to the above.
  • A New Item need not come with a snapshot every time. Various reasons, chief being limited storage and additional time for the desired action. The Firefox add-on made a distinction. I assumed it would be a simpler function to get in the context menu than the snapshot option.

Sorry for raising this here. I saw another closed thread where this had been raised but not addressed and felt this thread was the next closest match.
  • edited February 23, 2012
    OK, so you're just referring to the fact that "Save Zotero Snapshot from Current Page" doesn't follow the snapshot preference in Zotero that "Create New Item from Current Page" does?

I'm not sure why it doesn't. I think it should be possible.
  • edited February 23, 2012
    EDIT: I misunderstood your earlier post, and I think we should make this more consistent. However, you can probably drag the icon to the left of the URL bar over Zotero Standalone.
  • @ Dan Stillman: That's another way to put it, although I'm not sure I follow entirely. If the only option on the connector speaks of a "snapshot" explicitly, how does the preference that applies to the 'new item from webpage' function matter? It would though, if the context menu offered only the 'new item' option.

I'm not sure if it's easier for the connector to "learn" preferences from Standalone or to offer its own set. Either way, this is one of the ways in which the Chrome connector experience diverges from the Firefox experience and felt like a trivial update. Not a professional programmer, of-course, and forever grateful for this excellent piece of software! Many thanks for your prompt attention too.
  • If the only option on the connector speaks of a "snapshot" explicitly, how does the preference that applies to the 'new item from webpage' function matter? It would though, if the context menu offered only the 'new item' option.
    Yes, the title of the option would obviously have to change as well.

This will likely happen at the same time that we move the option to a dedicated button rather than a context menu, which is planned.
This discussion has been closed.