In which collection is an item I found in "My Library"

Hi

I have little but really annoying problem using Zotero. Sometimes I search in the "upper" Collection "My library". When my search find some books I know I have them but still I don't know in which collection I put them so I have consecutively search again in all my collections to really find it which quite exhausting. Is there any possibility I didn't find how I can see in which collection an item is located I selected in "My library".

Thank you
  • Hi firestarter,
    There is the ability to see what collections a reference is in by holding down a specific key while the reference is selected. The key is:
    Windows: Ctrl
    Mac: Option
    Linux: Alt
    I found this information in:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/collections#identifying_the_collections_an_item_is_in

Regards
  • Whow, thank I also looked at the support page but didn't find it, it helped a lot, thank you
  • Thanks guys. This one has been puzzling me for a while. But doesn't anyone else find this useful feature a little hard to find? I mean, why can't we add a "Collections" column to the item list, for instance.
    Regards.
  • edited February 18, 2012
    > But doesn't anyone else find this useful feature a little hard to find?

+1

A good way to make it more visible would be to add a "Collections" tab in the right panel, next to "Info", "Notes", Tags, and "Related" tabs. The tab could list the collections and have an option for removing the reference from some of the collections.