LibreOffice plugin throws an error after clicking the OK button in classic add citation dialog

Hi!
After inserting a reference, I get the following error:
Zotero Inegration
Zotero experienced an error updating your document
TypeError:integration[command] is not a function

From then on, the Zotero buttons included in LibreOffice stop
working. Zotero works fine in Firefox and standalone, but
there is no LibreOffice functionality.

Using:
Ubuntu 10.04
LibreOffice 3.4.5
OOO340m1 (Build:502)
Firefox 9.0.1
Zotero 3.01.
Zotero LibreOffice Integration 3.5.1

Thanks for your help
Agus
  • Can you create a debug ID?
  • This is it once the plugin does not work, after clicking to
    insert a reference.

naryInputStream.available]" nsresult: "0x80470002 (NS_BASE_STREAM_CLOSED)" location: "JS frame :: file:///home/alobo/.mozilla/firefox/rv9eqg68.default/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration.js :: _receiveCommand :: line 211" data: no]" {file: "file:///home/alobo/.mozilla/firefox/rv9eqg68.default/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration.js" line: 211}]

[JavaScript Error: "redeclaration of const INTEGRATION_TYPE_ITEM" {file: "chrome://zoteroquicklook/content/zoteroquicklook.js" line: 2}]

[JavaScript Error: "this.editor is null" {file: "chrome://browser/content/urlbarBindings.xml" line: 162}]

[JavaScript Error: "this.editor is null" {file: "chrome://browser/content/urlbarBindings.xml" line: 162}]

[JavaScript Error: "redeclaration of const INTEGRATION_TYPE_ITEM" {file: "chrome://zoteroquicklook/content/zoteroquicklook.js" line: 2}]

version => 3.0.1, platform => Linux i686, oscpu => Linux i686, locale => en-US, appName => Firefox, appVersion => 9.0.1

=========================================================

(3)(+0000000): ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Connection received
  • Try disabling ZoteroQuickLook. If that doesn't help, read the link again, and make sure to follow the steps under Debug Output Logging as closely as possible. The output above looks like it's been cut off, and we'd prefer to have the debug ID instead of the output itself.
  • ID: 1282694368
  • Another:
    The Debug ID is D1327752905.
  • In order to get the plugin back working, I close firefox normally but
    then cannot restart it, as I get a message stating that firefox is still working. Then I have to use the System Monitor to kill firefox
    and can start over again (until next error...)
  • Another one:
    Debug output has been sent to the Zotero server.

The Debug ID is D383265238

Hope this helps to solve the problem. Also, I *think* the problem occurs only when after selecting the reference to be included, I click OK
    twice (you know, there is no immediate indication that the process is ongoing and sometimes I click OK again).
    The reference gets included, but the error message shows up and... the plugin does not work until I close firefox (having to kill the session as explained before).

Agus
    Agus
  • I get similar problems, using Linux Mint 11 64 bit, Firefox 10.0, Zotero 3.0.1, and Libreoffice Integration 3.5.2

The error message begins
    An error occurred communicating with Zotero:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
    org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.Comm.getMessageResponse(Comm.java:2
    09)

and then some more lines beginning at org.zotero.org.integration

Once I've had the error, the integration stops working, Firefox won't quit.
  • alobo: Are you using the classic add citation dialog? The new dialog should show a progress bar immediately. I will see if I can reproduce this.

bebber: That sounds like a completely different issue, but we need the full error message to help you. Create a new discussion, and include a link to a screenshot. (You can upload it to a website like tinypic.com or imageshack.us.)
  • Yes, I always use the classic citation dialog, I prefer seeing the list and look for the
    reference there.
    Thanks
    Agus
  • Any other info I can provide? Is this issue being investigated?
    Agus
  • I think I may have fixed the issue. You can give the 3.0 branch XPI a try, but make sure to install Zotero 3.0.3 when it comes out.
  • Thanks for fixing it!
    What do I have to do with file
    http://www.zotero.org/download/dev/zotero-3.0-branch.xpi ?

Can you provide an estimate of the time fro the release of 3.0.3 ?
    Agus
  • If you click on the file (in Firefox), it should offer to install itself in Firefox. If it offers to download instead, download it and then open the file in Firefox with an address like "file:///<path-to-file>"
  • zotero-3.0-branch.xpi working fine for me, I click OK twice at inserting the reference and the error
    does not appear any more.

Thanks for your excellent support

Agus
  • 3.0.3 is out now. If you were using the branch build, you should download and install 3.0.3 manually.