Help with Linux please!

Apols, but I have searched the site and FAQ but not spotted the answer to these. I'm running Linux Xandros on an EeePC.

I want to back up Zotero, but can only find instructions for Mac and Windows. Is this the right folder, and do I just need to make a copy of it?
/home/user/.mozilla/firefox/rcc05xpz.default/zotero

I tried to download the OpenOffice extension, but it crashes File Manager. Is the .oxt file the right one for Linux, and if not, where do I get the right one?

Or is the problem that some functions don't work with Xandros?

Ta,
Silverfin
  • the open office extension should work - it's the same for all platforms.

Not sure on all other questions - generally functionality on linux is high, but not sure about xandros.
  • Yes, that's the correct folder.

The .oxt file is actually a zip file (though you don't want to unzip it yourself). Perhaps that is what's tripping up File Manager.
  • To install the openoffice extension under linux, use the second option in the instructions (http://www.zotero.org/documentation/openoffice_integration) which talks about using the extension manager in OOo.

For backing up, could you export the database in BibTex format and then re-import that if you need to?
  • Thanks for the advice.

Dan was right, I was trying to unzip the .oxt file. The instructions were confusing because there's nothing in Tools called Extension Manager; it's Package Manager.
  • The instructions were confusing because there's nothing in Tools called Extension Manager; it's Package Manager.
    What version of OpenOffice are you running? It's called Extension Manager in recent releases.