Shortcut key for 'Create New Item from Current Page'

I'm just getting started with Zotero and am so far very impressed - it seems to be exatly what I need! I just have one minor question/niggle. Apologies if the answer to this is obvious, but it there a way to setup a keyboard shortcut for the 'Create New Item from Current Page' button in Zotero? I can see that Ctrl+Alt+N is 'Create New Item' but this doesn't automatically reference or snapshot the current page.

If this isn't possible, could it go on the feature request list, please? In an ideal world what I'd like to have is something that works a bit like the 'Add Bookmark' feature in Firefox. So you hit one shortcut key, a window pops up allowing you to chose collection and fill in any comments/tags and then that's it: item added and page snapshoted.

Many thanks,

Martin.
  • It's not possible currently, but planned. Thanks.
  • Can I second this? I am trying to cut down on my mousing usage, and it would really be helpful if there were one, or even two, (ctrl-alt-z followed by ctrl-alt-whatever) that let me create a new item from current page.

Failing that, would it be possible to drag the icon for creat new item from current page to the main Firefox window?