Unable to insert citation within footnotes (OpenOffice)

Hi,
I am using OpenOffice 3.2 (Ubuntu/Linux) and have recently upgraded from Zotero 1 to Zotero 2.0.2. I am using the plugin "Zotero OpenOffice Integration" version 3.0.a7. Firefox version: 3.5.8.
Since the upgrade to Zotero 2 (and plugin 3.0.a7), I have not been able to insert citations in footnotes in a OpenOffice document. I am using the Chicago Manual of Style (author-date format). Insert citations in the text works just fine. But if I try to insert a citation within a footnote, a get an error message like "Zotero integration: Zotero fields cannot be inserted here", or something similar to this (my version is not in English).
Does anybody have the same problem? Does anybody know how to solve it?
I have already found a workaround: I can insert the citation I need in the body of the text, cut it and paste it into a footnote. In doing so, I get no error messages. But doing this cut/paste process every time I need to insert a citation in a footnote is quite annoying.
I thank you in advance for any help.
  • that's only true, I believe, for Bookmarks, not for Reference marks (just tested this on a virtually equivalent set-up. For Bookmarks that's an inherent limitation.
  • Same Problem.

LibreOffice 3.3 / Firefox 3.6.13 / Zotero 2.0.9 / Zotero OO Integration 3.0b3 / Linux Mint Debian Edition

When I insert a citation (which I have already cited in the text) in a Footnote, this appear: An error ocurred communicating with Zotero.

Known #bug to next review...
  • That's a different message. Can you provide a report ID?
  • Hi Simon!

I can't provide it (gray "Report" item in menu after the action).

As I explained...

1) I insert a citation A in the text
    2) I insert a footnote.
    3) I try to insert a new citation (same resource A) in the footnote.
    4) I get this message: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3009615/screenshot3.png

Obs.: If, in the step 3, I try to insert a resource B (which I haven't use yet), it works (no bugs).

Thank you!

LibreOffice 3.3 / Firefox 3.6.13 / Zotero 2.0.9 / Zotero OO Integration 3.0b3 / Linux Mint Debian Edition
  • edited January 26, 2012
    HI,

I have the same problem using MS Word 2010 and Zotero 3.0rc1.

If I copy the citation from the text, it loses Zotero formatting in the footnote, namely it becomes plain text. This implies that all changes to bibliographic information are disconnected from the reference (i.e. if I add another book og the same author and of the same year and therefore the year of my citation in the footnote becomes 2002a instead of 2002, this change is not performed in the citation in the footnote). Moreover if the only citation of that text is in the footnotes it will not appear in the bibliography.

I hope this may help to dig into the issue.

I'd be happy to help more and to get info on how to solve this issue.
  • edited January 26, 2012
    cgianolla - this isn't the same issue. Start a new thread and explain in detail what's not working. I don't understand, e.g., what the relevance of copying information is.

Edit - though see my note above about bookmarks. If you're using bookmarks and not fields this won't work.