"An error has occurred. Please restart Firefox."

I used the interface within Zotero to file a report of this problem, also, but I am freaking out that my database (which hasn't been backed up since Friday) is toast (because of the "database disk image is malformed" message from my JavaScript log, pasted below).

I was looking at a sciencedirect article, and tried to save it to Zotero. I got a message that there was a translator error, but when I followed the link (from within Zotero) to the list of known translator problems, that page did not have any content. I sort of mentally shrugged and just entered the article manually.

I was adding more notes to it when I got the message that "An error has occurred. Please restart Firefox." I did, but (though my collections seem to load just fine), I continued to get the same message in the content box in Zotero. If I close and reopen Zotero, I just get the "There was an error starting Zotero" pop-up.

Please help - or at least reassure me that I haven't lost my database!

Thank you,
Marisa

Here's my error log:

[JavaScript Error: "target.textbox has no properties" {file: "chrome://autocopy/content/autocopyOverlay.js" line: 653}]

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 92" data: no] [QUERY: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmpSearchResults_kD7zkyC4 AS SELECT itemID FROM items WHERE (itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM itemNotes WHERE sourceItemID IS NOT NULL) AND itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM itemAttachments WHERE sourceItemID IS NOT NULL)) AND itemID IN (SELECT itemID FROM collectionItems WHERE (collectionID IN (?)))] [ERROR: database disk image is malformed]"]

[JavaScript Error: "target.textbox has no properties" {file: "chrome://autocopy/content/autocopyOverlay.js" line: 653}]

• I used the database repair tool (http://www.zotero.org/utils/dbfix), and that seemed to fix it. I don't really have any idea what happened, but - WHEW. I really need to start doing daily backups... right now!
  • I'm getting the same error (An error has occurred. Please restart Firefox. You can report this error . . ."). I'm using the "trunk" with Firefox 3. I was using this version of Zotero without any major problems until a few minutes ago when I added several articles and their PDF snapshots to the database. Now I consistently get this message within a minute or so of using Zotero. Repairing the database returns no errors and doesn't fix anything.

I'm unable to send this information through "Report Errors," so I'm pasting it into a reply below.
  • [JavaScript Error: "document.getElementById("cmd_textZoomReduce") is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/browser.js" line: 271}]

[JavaScript Error: "i is not defined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/preferences/preferences.js" line: 115}]

[JavaScript Error: "i is not defined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/preferences/preferences.js" line: 115}]

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.createStatement]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 189" data: no] [QUERY: SELECT word, wordID from fulltextWords WHERE word IN (?,?,###This part is too long to paste here###?)] [ERROR: too many SQL variables] [QUERY: SELECT word, wordID from fulltextWords WHERE word IN (?,###This part is too long to paste here###,?)] [ERROR: too many SQL variables]"]
  • Ok, I just upgraded to the svn branch after I realized that it is compatible with FF 3.0, and I'm now able to index the pdfs that seemed to throw off the trunk. So far everything is working fine. I'll keep you posted if I have this problem again.