Zotero working with OSX 10.5.8 ?

Hi,

a student of mine reports several crashes of word and firefox while trying to insert a citation. Is it possible that this is caused by using osx 10.5.8 ?
do the latest version of zotero / wordplugin / firefox work properly on osx 10.5.8?

regards,
frank
  • Zotero Word integration doesn't work in OS X 10.5.8 and Firefox 4.0 and higher:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation_for_zotero_2.1#installing_word_processor_plugins_for_zotero_2130_for_firefox

Someone needs to confirm this will work before you go ahead with this, but:
    At this point -and given the sorry state of FF 3.6 - I would actually suggest that the user installs Zotero standalone (which should come out of beta shortly) and just use it with a Chrome or Safari Connector.

Beyond that, we need people to come here for troubleshooting themselves - we need to be able to ask specific questions, get error reports etc.
    also, it is a good skill to teach your students
  • Word integration in Zotero Standalone doesn't work with 10.5 either. However, because Firefox 11 broke PythonExt entirely, we're working on a rewritten plugin that appears to work on 10.5.

Also note that Mozilla is considering dropping 10.5 support within a few years, and that upgrading to 10.6 is only $30.
  • thanks a lot for your information; unfortunately the student has already been working on her master thesis and now has a big word-document with a lot of citations. i am afraid that updating the os needs a lot of time and is quite risky, so i was hoping to find a way to finish her work under osx 10.5.8