OpenOffice.org hangs when clicking "Add Citation"

Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy, OpenOffice.org 2.3 as shipped by Ubuntu with whatever updates they've sent, Zotero 1.0.3 auto-updated earlier today, extension 1.0b3 installed just now.

I've installed the extension successfully, and the toolbar appears. But when I click "Add Citation", OOo hangs. No CPU consumption, no screen updates, nothing. It just loses its mind. I have to kill it. No errors in Firefox error console. Don't know where else to look. I have python-uno installed.

This is with Firefox running - once I've written this post, I'll try without. If I don't update, assume it doesn't work with Firefox not running either :-)
  • Same here...

openSUSE 10.3, OpenOffice.org 2.3 and 2.4 (tried both), Zotero 1.0.3 and Zotero 1.0.3r2376. Extension 1.0b3 is intalled.

It worked find two days ago. Then I must have updated Zotero or OpenOffice and it now crashes OpenOffice whenever I want to do anything (insert citation, edit bibliography, etc.). Going back to Zotero 1.0.3 didn't help and going back to OpenOffice 2.3 didn't either. I'm not sure what else to try. I'm currently writing a paper that has to be submitted within a week. Hopefully we can figure out the bug by then... *g*

If you have any idea what I can try - please let me know. Maybe if someone still has an older extension file?

I don't know...
  • Hi!

I have the same problem (it worked before, and actually I have no idea that I should have changed something at the system): OpenSuse 10.3 Openoffice 2.3, Zotero 1.0.3.
    Obviously the connection between the Zoteroextension in Openoffice and the database in Firefox doesn't work?
    Maybe it has something to do with this Phyton path?
  • edited April 8, 2008
    Hi again.

What I did now was to uninstall and reinstall this openoffice.org-pyuno package and now it works again (However I am not sure that this is actually what fixed the problem, but you can try).

And once more (24h later) - it doesn't work again. I have no idea why.
  • I am having a similar problem with Ubuntu Hardy Heron and OpenOffice 2.4. Clicking on any of the Zotero icon hangs open office. However, I have just found that in my case if you leave it hung for a long time (several minutes), it does eventually return an error saying that it could not communicate with the Zotero database. This unfortunately doesn't convince it to look again and I have found no combination of openning and closing OpenOffice and firefox that will get the plugin to work again. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.
  • I had a similar problem with Kubuntu Hardy Heron and OpenOffice 2.3.
    Inserting a citation hangs OO. I used bibus previously with OO. So I just disabled the bibus connection to OO (by starting the connection wizard in bibus and deactivating the connection in the OO document that opens). Now I can insert zotero citations without problem.