Word plugin incompatible

I get the following error after installing Zontero Standalone and trying to install the Word plugin:

Zotero WinWord Integration 3.1.4.SOURCE is incompatible with versions of Zotero OpenOffice Integration before 3.5b2.SVN. Please remove Zotero OpenOffice Integration, or download the latest version from zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation.

OpenOffice is not installed. Other troubleshooting tips suggested removal of the zontero.dot file. I found the zontero.dot template in the Word Startup folder and deleted it, but that did not work.

I am using Word 2010 and Chrome.

Thanks.
  • Open Zotero Standalone, go to the Preferences panel, the Cite section, and click the "Install Word Add-in" button under the Word Processors tab.

http://www.zotero.org/support/preferences
  • edited December 27, 2011
    Thanks Rintze, but that is when I get the error -- after I click on the "Install Word Add-in" button.

As an update to my original post, I find that if I open the zontero.dot file in Word, the plug-in is available in that document; however, it isn't available in a regular Word doc. I can then save the file as a different name but it has to be saved as a macro-enabled file.
  • I am getting the same error trying to install the Word add-in:

Zotero WinWord Integration 3.1.4.SOURCE is incompatible with versions of Zotero OpenOffice Integration before 3.5b2.SVN. Please remove Zotero OpenOffice Integration, or download the latest version from zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation.

I have LibreOffice installed, and the plugin for Libreoffice installs just fine. I'm on the Cite tab, clicking on "Install Word Add-in" when I get the error message.

I previously had Firefox installed and was using the Zotero Firefox plugin along with the word processor plugins.

I am running Standalone 3.0b3.1, Office 2010 and using Chrome.
  • I am getting the same error.
  • I'm getting the same error too.
  • I get the same error. I'm using Standalone and Chrome on a Windows 7 machine.
  • This should be fixed in Zotero 3.0b3.2, available now. Go to Help->Check for Updates to get it.
  • Err ID: 22474364

After installig Zotero I do NOT get Word plug-in. Reinstalling entire Zotero or plugin doesn't help.
    Using Zotero 3.0b3.2, OS X 10.6, Word 2008
  • edited January 1, 2012
    jan.franko, that's a very different issue from the one discussed in this thread. Please keep in mind that, when you reply to a thread, most of the people have posted to that thread will receive email notifications. If you aren't sure if your post is pertinent, it's always better to post to a new thread. With respect to your error, if this doesn't solve things for you, start a new discussion.
  • Simon, With Zotero 3.0b3.2 and Windows 7, the problem is indeed fixed.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.