Incorrect comma placement in citation

I use Zotero 3.0b2, quick copy default output format: Chicago Manual of Style (Note without bibliography)

When I copy citations with the Ctrl-Alt-C command and insert them into some text document, the comma is placed just after the title, BEFORE the quotation mark that marks the end of the title.

I do not think that is the proper way, as previous versions did not exhibit that behavior. In effect, all titles are appended comma at the end!

Example:
Thomas C. Wanger et al., “Effects of Land-Use Change on Community Composition of Tropical Amphibians and Reptiles in Sulawesi, Indonesia,” Conservation Biology 24, no. 3 (February 2010): 795-802.
  • I sure hope this has always been the case, as it's correct Chicago Manual of style. See CMoS 16th edition, 14.18:

Walter Blair, “Americanized Comic Braggarts,” Critical Inquiry 4, no. 2 (1977): 331–32.

(and yes the comma was also there for the 15th edition of CMoS).

In American English, commas always and without exception get placed inside quotation marks (punctuation in general is inside quotation marks, but there are some - though quite rare - exemptions to that one).
    If you want commas outside quotation marks, try e.g. the Modern Humanities Research Association style, essentially a British version of CMoS.
  • Wow, learned something again.
    Though I'm sure I never used anything else than the Chicago style, and I found an old citation with the comma afterwards. Maybe I "corrected" it automatically then?
    thanks
    non-issue resolved.