Word-zotero integration

Hi- I upgraded to Firefox 8, and reinstalled the latest zotero and plugins this morning. I can work with my zotero group libraries online with no problem but cannot do anything with zotero in Word 2000. Even after opening a new blank document in Word (Windows XP professional) I get
'Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Member not found.'

when I try to insert a citation.
  • I should add that other people in our office get the same message when they try to use zotero and Word, so it isn't my computer/user alone.
  • there have been some glitches connected to the FF8 update. Best I can tell you right now is to look for updates - in most cases this type of thing is fixed within 24hs.
  • Can you try the Word for Windows Integration Dev XPI, which should fix this?
  • Hi Simon-
    That appears to have solved the problem as Zotero is now working in Word. Thanks muchly!
  • Like many who are posting in the last day or two, I am having problems editing citations after upgrading to FF8. I can enter citations, but I get an error message when I try to edit any citation: Zotero experienced an error updating your document. This method or property is not available because the object refers to a footnote, endnote or comment.

I'm running Windows 7, MS Word 2010 Zotero 2.1.10 and Zoterero Word for Windows Integration 3.1.3
    My Add ons Manager shows the Java Console 6.0.29 to be incompatible with FF8 I suspect this may be part of the problem, but I don't see how to fix that.
  • edited November 10, 2011
    The above link worked. Thank you. Please hurry up and liberate Zotero from Firefox!
  • Should be fixed in Word for Windows Integration 3.1.4, available now.

ttulcin: http://www.zotero.org/support/3.0
This discussion has been closed.