Zotero does not edit citations after update to Firefox 8.0

Hello,

My Firefox just updated to the Version 8.0. I received a message that the addons were all installed successfully.

I use Word for Mac 2011. Now, when I work on my document, the "edit citation" function does not work anymore (neither does the key combination [control][alt/option][E]). I do not receive any error message. Zotero just does not react anymore. The "add citation" function works fine.

I have PythonExt111009, Zotero 2.1.10, Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.1.8.

Do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
  • Very likely a problem due to the updated Word Integration add-on (which is required for FF8, so downgrading is not an option). Not much you can do right now (beyond restarting your computer I'd recommend not wasting any time on trying to fix this yourself).
    I'd expect Simon to come by later and either just fix this or ask further questions.
  • Hi adam,

This seems to match the problem I am experiencing, which I mentioned in the other thread.

Error: 71892372

I have downloaded the plugin you suggested (Word for Mac 3.1.8), still no luck.

Cheers,
    Fred.
  • The same thing just happened to me, I was working and closed word. When I restarted, the plugin no longer works. {citation} appears and then goes away. Cannot edit existing citations also. Have restarted and reinstalled to no effect...

Bob
  • Ditto here, but Word 2008, Firefox 8, Zotero for mac 3.1.8
    As an aside, I JUST ran the Firefox 8 updater and it was actually happening for me (the lack of ability to edit citations in word) under Firefox 7 too. I tried reinstalling the plugin and redownloading/reinstalling python to no avail
  • the problem is not FF8, it's the updated Word for Mac plugin that was required to assure FF8 compatibility.
  • I just updated to FF8 and am having similar problems. When I try to insert citations I get a "Zotero Integration Error" message. Can you please advise what steps need to be taken to correct the problem? Thanks.
  • This should be fixed in Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.1.9, available now.
  • I am having similar problems after upgrading to FF8. I can enter citations, but I get an error message when I try to edit any citation: Zotero experienced an error updating your document. This method or prperty is not available because the object refers to a footnote, endnote or comment.

I'm running Windows 7, MS Word 2010. I'll stand by for news of a fix. thanks
  • doyledh - make sure you have updated to
    Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.1.9
    which should fix this. If it doesn't post here again.
  • I'm using a Windows platform ... are you sure you mean Zotero Word for Mac ...?
  • sorry, misread your note - this is a Mac thread otherwise.
    See & post updated here:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/20455/entering-references-in-footnotes/#Item_19
  • I'm going to assume that this is fixed for Word for Mac with Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.1.9. If it's not, start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.