Firefox 8 Update

Firefox just updated to 8, now Zotero isn't working. :(

Any guidance as to when there will be a patch and/or update to Zotero to work with Firefox 8?
  • Zotero works with FF8 and has been marked as compatible for a while.
    Make sure "Update add-ons automatically" is checked in your add-ons tab.
    As an emergency stop-gap you can install this add-on
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/
    and override the compatibility settings.
  • Still a No Go
  • what do you mean? You actually have to mark the extension as compatible in the add-on. Just installing the reporter won't do.
    If that's "Still a No Go" you need to describe what that means.
  • Had to restart computer, now it works.
  • Similar problem for me. I just updated to FF8 and Zotero 3.0b2 is disabled.
    Contrarily to millergb restarting the computer does not solve the problem.
    Any help?
  • read my message above. If something about it is unclear, ask.
  • Adam,
    I read it before. The "Update add-ons automatically" was checked but still, no success.
  • Adam,
    Never mind. For some mysterious reasons (at least mysterious to me...) the "enabled" button for the Zotero add-on now appears in FF8 even if I did not do anything.
    Zotero now works. My problem is solved then.
    Thanks for your quick reply.
  • Hello,

I know that should be a FF issue, but how can you be sure that ""Update add-ons automatically" is checked in your add-ons"

Thanks

(I have to say that the multiple versions update of FF is annoying me... And I'm surprised to see the Zotero team to do such a nice work for following all the new versions...)

(sorry for my Frenchglish)
  • In FF go to Tools-->Add-ons
    In the tab that opens, click on the tools (a crossed screwdriver and wrench). Update-Add-ons Automatically is the second from the bottom - it should have a checkmark.
  • Thanks Adam... I didn't see the "crossed screwdriver and wrench" at first!

(fyi I had the same problems as others but it was solved after a reboot of the computer and not just FF)(using WinXP Zotero 2.1.10)
  • Well, i had the same issue. I did all the steps i read in the instructions. Still nothing. So, in the add-ons, i removed zotero, reinstalled FF8, reinstalled zotero, and...voila: it works.