Unknown property, element or command: 'show_insertions_and_deletions'

Hello everyone,

I have some trouble with zotero lately and I think I really need some help at this point. Every time I try to use Zotero I get the following message:

Zotero Integration Error

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

AttributeError: Unknown property, element or command:
'show_insertions_and_deletions'

Do you know what this means? If yes, do you know how I could fix this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help!
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
  • Thanks for the link.

My Report ID is 1701673858

Basically, I can't use zotero at all since every icon I click on the Zotero toolbar leads me to the error message I posted earlier:

Zotero Integration Error

• I have the same problem. I use Word 2004 in Mac OSX 10.6.8. The error began to occur as soon as I updated firefox this afternoon. I installed the security upgrade: Firefox 8.0 (20111104165243).

I tried several things to remedy this such as updating zotero, reinstalling the PythonExt, updating MacWord integration, restarting firefox and word, to no avail.

So, when I try to add/edit a citation in any document I get the same message as above:

Zotero Integration Error

Please let me know if there is anything I can do! I suspect others with the same configuration are having this problem.
    Thanks.
  • Disable track changes.
    Then run through this:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents

also, specify what set-up (Word version, OS, FF, Zotero) you're using.
  • edited November 8, 2011
    My set-up is similar to bwhallet, I use word 2004 in MAC OSX 10.4.11.

I forgot to specify that this problem occurs even with new documents, so I guess it's a more generalised problem than one corrupted document or citation. And as I said earlier it happens with every single option (citation, bibliography, preferences, refresh,...)

The problems begun after I updated zotero this afternoon...
  • Hi adamsmith,

The debugging broken documents doesn't work as all documents give the error above (including new ones).

I use:
    Word 2004
    Mac OSX 10.6.8
    FF 8.0
    Zotero 2.1.10

If I should re-post on a new thread, please let me know. I just thought this one was addressing my problem.
    Thanks!
  • Stay in this thread, sounds like the same issue.
    @Vangelis - which version of Firefox and Zotero?
    @both: which version of the Zotero Word plugin is installed (check in FF under tools --> add-ons)?

Small possibility that this is related to the FF 8 update - Simon would have to say.
  • edited November 8, 2011
    I use Firefox 3.6.23 and Zotero 2.1.10 and 3.1.7 MacWord integration
  • @both: which version of the Zotero Word plugin is installed (check in FF under tools --> add-ons)?

Zotero Macword integration 3.1.7
  • I am having the same problem.

My report ID is 1825574340.

I upgraded to FF 8 from 3.6.24, then encountered the problem, then returned to 3.6.24, but am still having the problem.

Error Message:

Zotero Integration Error
    AttributeError: Unknown property, element or command: 'show_insertions_and_deletions'

Word 2004 v. 11.6.3
    Mac OS 10.6.8
    FF 3.6.24
    Zotero 2.1.10
    MacWord Integration 3.1.7
  • OK - seems like a general issue - no need to post anymore of this (if you have the same problem, just subscribe to this thread on the left to receive notifications), let's see if Simon has any insight.
  • I've fixed this, and the fix should be available later tonight.
  • The fix is now available in Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.1.8.
  • @Simon
    Thank you so much!!! It's working again :)
This discussion has been closed.