firefox 3

After crippling and repeated corruption issues with the zotero database (even with indexing turned off)...I thought, "I'll just have to try firefox 3...they say that is much more stable"

Low and Behold...zotero is not compatible with firefox 3...

: (

Please help...I'm willing to turn off all the other plugins, only access zotero from one operating system...whatever it takes...

Thankyou,

Dianne
  • http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/1830/

But note that others don't have corruption issues & you might just try Firefox 2, the release version of Zotero with a fresh profile.
  • See also my note here.
  • edited March 21, 2008
    Thankyou for your quick reply...I have returned to firefox 2 for the time being.
    I'm going to try being MUCH more cautious with my zotero...

I'm not sure what you mean by a fresh profile. Do you mean my firefox profile might be a problem and it should be deleted? Or something else?

Is it alright for multiple machines to POINT to the same zotero database as long as zotero isn't being edited on more than one of them at a time?

Additionally, is there an automated way to compare a backed up copy of zotero to the current version...so that I could identify changes between the two? This would be very helpful for determining what exactly had been lost (or added). If not, are there any plans to provide such a "diff" feature?

Thankyou again for an amazing product and excellent support...when I take the time to investigate a problem on your forums I am always impressed.

Thankyou again for your time.

-Dianne
  • I'm not sure what you mean by a fresh profile. Do you mean my firefox profile might be a problem and it should be deleted? Or something else?
    When I had less to go on, I thought some other extension or aspect of your profile might be the problem, but it is far more likely that the problem is that you're trying to use the same sqlite file from multiple machines.
    Is it alright for multiple machines to POINT to the same zotero database as long as zotero isn't being edited on more than one of them at a time?
    See also: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Storage#How_to_corrupt_your_database

All machines MUST have the same version of Zotero.

Only ONE machine may have firefox open (and you should use your process list to ensure that it is actually closed (not seeing the window is not enough)).

Network access to the sqlite file is not officially supported (but should generally work).

I doubt that accessing the sqlite file from multiple machines is officially supported either.
  • yes, please firefox 3 support. where can i download the beta zotero for firefox 3? mac os please. thanks!