SYNC error

The Debug ID is D2126546872.

Having trouble syncing. I receive the following error.

The group 'Fireholetech' has reached its Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server.

If I delete the attached pdf that causes the problem then it looks like everything is fine. I purchased additional 1gb of storage even though it said I was only using 38% of quota. Now I am using 3.8% and still can't sync all attachments.
  • The quota deducts from the account of group owner.
  • I guess my question is why I it says I have reached my quota when my "settings" page clearly states that I am barely using any of it? I don't believe my quota is full, but this could be the case. If that is the case, the storage setting page is incorrectly displaying the amount of storage I am using. If I need more storage I can upgrade, but I do not believe this is the case.
  • In addition the .pdf in question is only 317 kb, so I don't believe it could be putting me over the limit.
  • The message you posted only says that the group is at its quota, not that you are at yours. Anything in your personal library should still sync completely. It is only the items that you added to the group library that will not sync if the group is at its quota. Are items failing to sync to groups that you own, or is anything in your personal library failing to sync?
  • If you move the item from the group library to your library it should sync.
  • Ok. That sounds good. I have been adding to items to the group library. I have been looking for the right procedure and this may be the problem. Right now my personal folder has multiple duplicate entries for each item. I will post the outcome from this tomorrow.

Thanks everybody.
  • There's nothing wrong with adding items to a group library—the issue is simply that the group has reached its quota.
  • Ok, I wiped my library and synced only one group library. It hung up on the same .pdf mentioned before. My total usage for the group is now 12.2 MB(38MB before).

I upgraded the storage to 1GB and it did not help so I do not want to upgrade my storage when it doesn't seem to help with this issue. I don't want to upgrade to 5GB and have the same issue when I don't even have 1GB of files to upload.I copied the files it has synced and it is 319 MB. This would coincide with the storage value it gave me before.

My company is paying me to look for a solution, but I am not getting anywhere close to solving this issue. Zotero says I have not reached my storage quota so I am getting frustrated by hearing that I have reached my quota. Is this a bug??? Is there a limit for each individual group? should I partition it into smaller groups?
  • We can't help you unless you provide the error message you're getting.
  • This is the error message on the little yellow triangle next to the sync arrow.

The group 'Fireholetech' has reached its Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server.

When click on report errors it says which file does not upload. The debug id is located on the top of the thread. Is there anything else you would like to know.
  • Are you getting a new error message, or is it still telling you that the group is at its quota (not that you are at your personal quota)? Are you the owner of the group you are trying to sync these items to?

This may already be clear to you, but just in case, this is how group quotas work. Each zotero user has a quota for file sync. That quota is applied to the user's personal library, and to any groups they are the owner of. If you add an item to a group that you are not the owner of, the files will be counted against the quota of that group's owner, not your own quota.

If that does not explain your problem, then you will probably need to be more explicit about what is going wrong (error messages, etc.). From what you have posted here, it simply looks like you are adding items to a group that has reached its (ie its owner's) quota limit. If you are the owner of that group, or if items are not syncing to your personal library, and you are below your storage quota, then something is definitely not working for you, but you need to explain that more clearly.
  • You're not the owner of that group. Contact the owner of that group and have them transfer it to you, or start a new group.
  • And note that an admin is not the same as the owner. There can be multiple admins. There can be only one owner.
  • Ok I see that I am not the owner. I will contact that person and have her change that. I think I am picking up what you guys are laying down. We'll try this and I'll give an update next week. Im guessing she added some things, although I don't think she has, because hers hasn't worked for a while either. We'll get it figured out. Thanks guys.
  • Thanks Dan. That ownership issue was the problem. Ownership was transferred and I was able to finish syncing the files and attached pdf's. Thanks everybody for helping get this issue straightened out.
  • for anyone else who has been deleting files to get under the quota but still getting a limit reached error, make sure you empty your trash.
  • I have purchased 1 GB quota storage plan. And only has 1024 MB in my library.

Why do I keep getting this message and the yellow triangele?

"You have reached your Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server.
    See your zotero.org account settings for additional storage options.
    BN8TMSSE.zip (998KB)"

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • netina28: 1024 MB is 1 GB. But start a new thread if you have further questions.
This discussion has been closed.