Using trunk xpi with success on FF3, but Openoffice plugin incompatible

Hi,
since I am helping testing the latest Ubuntu hardy alpha which defaults to Firefox3, I have installed the latest trunk xpi of Zotero. It works great so far, congrats! Unfortunately, the Openoffice plugin is incompatible with the trunk Zotero. Do you have an experimental build of the plugin I could test?
  • I'd also like to volunteer. I have the latest trunk version and am set up to test pretty much anything on the mac: Neooffice, recent builds of OpenOffice Aqua, OpenOffice X11 release, and Microsoft Word X/2004/2008.
  • Thanks for the offers of help.

The OOo plugin is currently ahead of the trunk, not behind it—we just haven't merged all the 1.0 changes to the trunk yet, since we're in the middle of some other major changes on the trunk.

As of a few hours ago, the Firefox 3 fixes from the trunk have been backported to the branch, so you can override the compatibility check (using Nightly Tester Tools or the like) and just use the 1.0 dev XPI. The trunk will be heading off on a much less stable path, so it'd be better not to use it for basic Fx3 testing anyhow.

There are still some major issues with Fx3 compatibility. Most notably, snapshots and many translators won't work, and editing items by hand will occasionally trigger an auto-complete error that breaks Zotero editing and the Firefox location/search bars until a restart.
  • Thanks for the status update on both the plugin and extension compatibility. The help offer still stands--whenever you might need it.
    Thanks for all the hard work!