Error after dragging in a PDF

I just started having a problem with pdf drag and drop as well. When I drag a pdf image (I drag the pdf icon from the document currently open in Mac Preview) to an entry in the center column of zotero I get an error that prompts me to restart zotero. If I don't completely shut down Firefox and start over, I get a firefox alert that says "There was an error starting Zotero". This whole sequence occurs anytime I drag a pdf. This is my most frequent action, so it renders Zotero useless for the time being. Thanks!

Mac OS 10.4.10
Firefox 2.0

(can't see Zotero version because it won't open now in firefox, but is at least 1.0)

Brian
  • Send in an error report with Report Errors under the Actions (gear icon) menu and post the Report ID here.

Assuming it's a database error, you might want to try the DB Repair Tool and possibly turn off fulltext indexing of PDFs until Firefox 3 by setting the maximum character/page values to 0 in the Search pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • I am suddenly having the same problem today after dragging in pdfs previously all the time without issues. I sent in an error reports but unfortunately didn't write down the Report ID.
  • OK, found the error reports. My advice above (DB Repair Tool, temporarily disabling fulltext indexing) holds for you as well.
  • Thanks, Dan. I did the DB Repair thing and then (foolishly) tried the same pdf and it crashed again. I then created a dummy item and dragged in some other pdf and it worked fine. So I am thinking maybe there's something about this one pdf that is causing some indexing or other problem.
  • Is the PDF someplace where we could access it to test?