Creating a library for references used as in-text citation

Hello,

If somebody would like to share all the references in a text that s/he writing using in-text citation in a ris file (or Zotero rdf, etc.), would it be possible?

(For making a parrallel with EndNote, it would be to export a "travelling library" which is a library associated with a text file and including the references cited using in-text citation)

Am I clear? Is it possible? Is their a workaround for doing that?

Thanks (and sorry for my Frenchglish)
  • No, currently there isn't.
    Starting with Zotero 3.0 (currently in beta), the references are actually embedded with citations in the document (as JSON, in case you care for the technical details), but you can't yet retrieve them back into Zotero - that next step isn't far out, though.
  • Ok, Thanks!

I understand that works is done in that direction. Good news!

This option would be useful for different reasons -e.g. sharing references associated with a writing text or make available those references for a group working on the same text (even if team works require that you work from a "group library", it could facilitate the creation of that group library).

The requiring to work from a group library is another problem, if you share a work that includes references, accidently or purposedly, that belong to your personal library.

Thanks to the Zotero community!
  • The requiring to work from a group library is another problem, if you share a work that includes references, accidently or purposedly, that belong to your personal library.
    that's no longer an issue in Zotero 3.0 because of the embedded citation data.
  • Wow! Pretty good news!!
    I repeat then:
    Thanks to the Zotero community!
    (I'm really glad to see that feature will come. I guess it is not a simple issue that need to manage a bunch of possible problems like the mix of embedded data with new data and management of duplicates)