[solved] Error parsing style: TypeError: myxml is undefined

Hi all,

I managed to modify the Havard style to get something that suited my needs. It was probably a bit messy, but it did the job.
It worked well, I updated it to csl 1.0, no problems (or at least I thought so). I had to do some minor editing today (mainly so that anonymous books would be cited as "anonyme" instead of "anon" and remove the "accessed" thing in the bibliography when the URL field was filled in the zotero ref).
Since then, it won't work at all. The validator.nu says the style is ok, but when I try to use it in Libreoffice I get an error window saying "this.style is undefined", and when I try to see what it looks like in chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul, I get this : Error parsing style: TypeError: myxml is undefined .

Actually, I'm a bit confused, and I'm now wondering if the problem comes from the editing I did today, or from the upgrade from 0.8 to 1.0 csl back in the days ...

Any thoughts ?
  • edited October 8, 2011
    If you haven't yet, try validating the style:

http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles#validation

(Oops, you've done that)
  • edited October 8, 2011
    If you paste the style code to http://gist.github.com/, save it as a public gist, and post the url from the address bar back here, I'll take a look.
  • Je vois. RĂ©ponse dans une minute
  • In the macro "Anon", replace <text term="anonymous" form="short" text-case="capitalize-first" strip-periods="true"/> with <text value="Anonyme"/>. It will do the job.
  • edited October 8, 2011
    OK guys,

Thanks a bunch for the quick replies !
    flobede solved it by mysterious means : I gave him the flawed csl style, and he sent me back a brand new, perfectly functioning style. As soon as I have a chance, I'll post back to suggest what was probably wrong, so it might help some folk with the same error in the zotero reference test pane.

Thanks anyway,

Antoine