CMS Author-Date Style Error

I'm having problems with the bibliography in CMS - author date. Formatting of paper/article/thesis titles (quotes, mostly) is inconsistent with CMS, even though they're entered into Zotero correctly. Example - Thesis, as cited by Zotero:

Lahr, Derek. 2009. Development of a Novel Cam-based Infinitely Variable Transmission. Master’s Thesis, Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Tech, December 28. http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-11192009-124025/.

Should be (according to CMS's website):

Lahr, Derek. 2009. "Development of a Novel Cam-based Infinitely Variable Transmission." Master’s Thesis, Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Tech, December 28. http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-11192009-124025/.

Conference paper, as cited by Zotero:

Kral, C., A. Haumer, and F. Pirker. 2007. A Modelica library for the simulation of electrical asymmetries in multiphase machines - The extended machines library. In 2007 IEEEInternational Symposium on Diagnostics for Electric Machines, Power Electronics and Drives, 60-65. 345 E 47th ST, New York, NY 10017 USA: IEEE.

Should be:

Kral, C., A. Haumer, and F. Pirker. 2007. "A Modelica library for the simulation of electrical asymmetries in multiphase machines - The extended machines library." In 2007 IEEEInternational Symposium on Diagnostics for Electric Machines, Power Electronics and Drives, 60-65. 345 E 47th ST, New York, NY 10017 USA: IEEE.

I just got raked over the coals by my dissertation committee for this - anyone else have this problem? Running version 2.1.10.
  • yeah, that's not in the author date style yet - Chicago Manual changed that from the 15th to the 16th edition and we overlooked it when we adjusted the style. But given that the 16th edition came out this year it does seem a little silly to make a big deal out of it on part of a dissertation committee...
    I'll see when I get to it.
  • I just got raked over the coals by my dissertation committee ...
    Really inspiring to see dissertation committees focus on the important stuff. Sheesh.

Dirty little secret: I'm the guy that created the CSL style language. I NEVER critique grad students for minor details of citation style.
  • edited September 25, 2011
    OK, this should be fixed now, sorry about that - generally there is no guarantees on the accuracy of Zotero's style - so if you have the bad luck of a picky committee (and I'm with bdarcus on the insanity of that - though on the upside I guess that means they read your stuff _really_ closely) you should double-check citations.
    I know that part of the point of a reference manager is that you don't have to, but we're not quite there yet.

edit: update the style be re-installing it from the repository at
    www.zotero.org/styles . For a document to update you may have to switch to a different style and back.