report IDs:1853340764 and 805170435

i'm having sync issues with a shared library--it's not crashing zotero, but is disabling sync. all computers on win7, mostly on latest zotero 2, with one outlier (me) running 3.0b2 and standalone, from which the errors are currently arising. thanks in advance for any help.

1. red stop sign: conflicts have disabled auto-sync
2. hit sync arrow
3. resolve 12 conflicts
4. message from zotero:
"Zotero items in the collection 'HCC' have been added and/or removed on multiple computers since the last sync. The following items have been added to the collection: [OMITTED]"
5. red arrow reappears with an error message:
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: :: line 139" data: no] [QUERY: INSERT INTO relations (libraryID, subject, predicate, object, clientDateModified) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] [ERROR: columns subject, predicate, object are not unique]

6. when zotero is quit and started again, the same 12 sync errors persist and this sync error loop is re-started.
  • This is fixed in the trunk dev XPI. You can install that over your current Zotero 3.0b2 for Firefox, sync, and then reinstall 3.0b2. For Standalone you'll need to wait for the next beta.

Be sure not to leave the trunk installed.
  • I tried the trunk, but the same cycle of steps happened--it did not successfully sync after resolving the 12 sync errors. did i not install the trunk properly? in firefox add-ons zotero was listed as 3.0b2.r10498. here's the error message:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: :: line 140" data: no] [QUERY: INSERT INTO relations (libraryID, subject, predicate, object, clientDateModified) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] [ERROR: columns subject, predicate, object are not unique]
  • Provide a Report ID and a Debug ID for a sync attempt with the trunk that produces the error.
  • thanks, Dan.

the sync error wouldn't geenrate an error report number when i told it to report. from the preferences menu, i got the error report # 271931098

but the debug output got an invalid response from server when i tried to submit it. i can send you the output text if you want.
  • Yes, please e-mail the zipped output to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread. Thanks.
  • OK, try the latest trunk build (r10526 or later).
  • sorry, i'm having a hard time finding it. when i install from this link (http://www.zotero.org/download/dev/zotero-trunk.xpi), i keep getting r.10498.
  • Clear your browser cache.
  • ok, browser cache emptied, add-ons now shows r10526 installed, but now the zotero icon is gone, and shortcut key gives "there was an error starting zotero"
  • edited September 21, 2011
    Can you follow these steps?

http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#reporting_startup_errors

Edit: Never mind. We can reproduce this.
  • OK, that error should be fixed in the latest trunk build (r10527).
  • oh, shoot! i'd already gotten the startup error thing going.

anyway, errors are resolved--r10527 returned the zotero icon, solved the startup error, and eliminated the sync error. i've now reinstalled the regular 3.0b2 extension.

thanks!