Word 2010 doesn`t regognise Zotero citations made in Word 2003

Hello!
I am working on documents which I started to write with a Word version 2003 using zotero citations, now in a Word 2010 version. When I want to use any aplication from the Zotero add-ins it occurs an error "this entry doesn´t exist in your Zotero databse. Do you want do chose another entry?" I importet the bibliography onto the computer where I am using word 2010. It seems that there is no communication with the citations already existing in the document and causing an error for new documents. Bur creating citations in a new word document is no problem. But I need to work on the former document. Are there any suggestions? error Report number: 28151204
  • This has nothing to do with the different Word versions.
    Import/Export is not a viable way to work on the same document on several computers (the word plugin uses an internal Zotero item ID that's not exported/imported).
    That's what sync is for.
    http://www.zotero.org/support/sync
  • My sync is set automatical, but now I also started it manually. But I have still the same problem an can`t put any citation in the former documents I was working on, nor use any of the other add-in aplications of Zotero.
  • you need to be more precise in describing what is going on.
    If you use export/import to get your citations from one computer to the other, you'll see exactly the error you describe.
    If you sync both computers to the same zotero account, it's very unlikely that you see that error.
  • Ok I will try to sync both computers and then try again to insert a citation in the text. If this dosn`t work I`ll give a more precise description of the problem. Thanks a lot!
  • Hi
    I had exactly the same problem and this process has worked!
    Thanks.
    Janet
  • Glad to hear. The confusion with export/import is pretty common-- but the general rule of thumb is that export is only for sending references to other programs, like Endnote or Refworks.
  • Yes finally this has worked out! I just didn´t know that I have to sync the old computer as well! Thanks for your help!