Sync doesn't work anymore - Error code 449600834

Hello there

I recently started using Zotero, and since yesterday, the syncing doesn't work anymore. Sometime before that, I installed a new ScienceDirect translator from
https://raw.github.com/ajlyon/translators/master/ScienceDirect.js
because the old one did not work at all (it only was able to cite from the DOI, not from sciencedirect directly)

The error code is 449600834.

Maybe someone has an idea?

Thank you!
Scarloc
  • almost certain that sync and sciencedirect translator are unrelated.
    What error message are you getting for sync?
  • Restart your computer and provide another Report ID for a sync that reproduces the error.
  • Hello

I restarted the computer, the new Report ID for the same sync problem is

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [mozIStorageConnection.commitTransaction]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 484" data: no]
  • Is this on a network drive?
  • edited September 15, 2011
    The computer is connected to a network and has some network space mapped as a hard drive under windowsXP, but zotero is on D: which is the local hard drive.
  • 1) Check your database integrity in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences.

2) Disable all other Firefox extensions.

3) If the error persists, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error.
  • Wow.

the database was corrupt, and the fixing tool fixed it, and now everything works.

You rock!