I'm having trouble Syncing between my Mac and Work Computer

I initially installed Zotero on my Mac and I'm now trying to sync it with my work computer, but to no avail. I have tried using the gear button and then preferences to sync it, but I am not 'blocked' out of doing that...as when I click on preferences, nothing shows up. I read something on the Zotero website about using the green curve arrow on the far right of the screen to sync, but when I tried that, it said that the sync did not accept my username and password.

First, I'm unclear how to get my password. I've been logging into Zotero using my email, so I can't remember what my password is. Can you help me in relocating that? I figured it would be under settings, etc, but can't seem to find it.

After we accomplish that, can you help me sync my two computers?
  • This is the error report ID number: 2102996226.
    Thanks!
  • For your password: Log out of Zotero, then find use the password reminder:
    https://www.zotero.org/user/lostpassword
    (accessible also from the login page).
    Your username is your screen name:
    aimeemgallagher

No decent password protected system will ever display your password in your account settings online.

As for the preferences - make sure it doesn't just show up on a window that's out of focuse (i.e. behind your current FF window).
  • I'm still having trouble syncing my documents. I was able to sync zotero to my personal computer (a Mac), but I can't seem to locate the files on my work computer (a PC). The Mac was the original computer and it is showing all of the documents, however, these original documents that I referenced on my Mac are not showing up on my PC.

Can you help?
  • What do you mean by "original documents" - the attached files?
  • By original documents, I mean the the titles, author info,notes etc. that I uploaded to my first account (which was on the Mac). I can see all files/docs in my library on my PC, when I click the library tab, but I can't see citations,etc when I try to pull up the Zotero button at the far right bottom of my screen. They don't appear there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
  • The website (zotero.org) and the Firefox extension (which you see when you click the Zotero icon) are separate things.

See my first link.
  • Dear all,

I'm having the same problem in syncing between my mac and PC at work. I've followed the previous indication but nothing changed.

Here is my ID report 527733247

Thanks,
  • meriam: Nothing to do with this thread. Please start a new one. But first upgrade to 2.1.10.