How to Export from Zotero and import to Reference Manager?

Hi, due to this reason: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/19421?page=1#Item_6
I wonder how can I export the data in Zotero and import them into RefMan. I tried to export as a .txt file but failed to import. Other types didn't work, either.
Can anyone help?
Thank you.
  • RefMan must be able to read RIS, no? But don't use RefMan - ideally fix your Zotero issues, otherwise use Mendeley or something else decent and free. No one uses RefMan anymore.
  • Hey I am trying to use Mendeley. Search faster than Zotero at least. What about the MS word plug-in, will it mess up with the one go with Zotero?
  • From the thread you linked it appears you have problems with lost items due to having an old backup. I don't see how switching to another reference manager would help solve that problem. Just so you know, these are not things that normally happen -- you don't need to be afraid that anytime you update Zotero or Firefox you lose your data. Especially not if you use sync.
  • Hey I am trying to use Mendeley. Search faster than Zotero at least. What about the MS word plug-in, will it mess up with the one go with Zotero?
    It will not exactly mess up but it will not solve your problem of missing citations either. At the moment you cannot expect any reference manager to work smoothly with papers maintained using another reference manager: the data is not interchangeable. There are plans for Mendeley and Zotero to become fully interoperable though.
  • Also, Zotero 3.0, now in beta, offers faster search modes for users with large libraries.