EBSCO

Report ID 405779860
I've been having trouble with saving items from EBSCO for several weeks. I've gone through the recommendations in known translation issues twice. I downloaded the standalone version - would this have any effect on it? Any advice?
  • You'll need to update to the latest EBSCO translator first: go to http://github.com/ajlyon/translators/raw/master/EBSCOhost.js and save the file to the translators directory of your Zotero data directory (http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data).

If you still have trouble, post again with a new error report.
  • Thanks,
    When I downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of Zotero the problem was solved.
  • yes, the new translator is shipped with that.
  • If I'm understanding correctly from this and a few other threads, in order to get the EBSCO translator working, we either have to download the translator separately or wait until 2.1.9 comes out for it to be fixed?
  • Or, alternatively, downloading the 3.0 beta?

I'm just asking because I have to teach a ton of Zotero classes in the next few weeks and since a lot of these classes primarily will use an EBSCO database as a main resource, I want to make sure they will be able to use it seamlessly...
  • edited August 25, 2011
    efilgo -
    #
    If I'm understanding correctly from this and a few other threads, in order to get the EBSCO translator working, we either have to download the translator separately or wait until 2.1.9 comes out for it to be fixed?

Or, alternatively, downloading the 3.0 beta?
    yes, that's exactly right. Usually these fixes are pushed automatically for important translators, but I gather there have been some problems with that recently.
  • We're planning to release 2.1.9 in the next couple days, which will restore translator updates for 2.1. (We reworked the repository recently, and it wasn't worth updating it for earlier versions.)
  • Just a reminder that I'm still having issues with multiple downloads even after updating to Z 3.0b1. ButI don't think the translator has been updated since 7 August, has it?

Everything else still works.