Lost all references stored this year after re-install

I recently installed w7. I saved my zotero folder, and after the reinstall added everything that was in the old Storage folder into the new Zotero folder. I've found though that the most recent entry is 15th Dec last year - in other words every single entry made this year has disappeared.

I'm hopeful that there is some explaination for why this might be that can lead me to finding the missing data. Was there an update of Zotero early this year that saved data somewhere else or something?

Any ideas welcomed!
  • edited August 24, 2011
    1. Perhaps your backup was older than you anticipated?
    2. You need to provide version information for Zotero. I.e. what version you had pre-Win7 and what version you installed after, such as if you inadvertently upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 (or 3.0b).
    3. What was your zotero folder? Was it in your Firefox profile or in a custom location? Perhaps you have used an old folder.
    4. Did you make a backup of your entire pc pre-install..? If so you can tell us what version you had before and then copy over your Zotero data.

You also don't mention if you are using Zotero sync, which might be related, or any other sync program that might corrupt your database if not used carefully. Can you see your database on the website (if using sync).

Note: i am just another Zotero user but have been using it for a few years now. Dan Stillman & co may help further.
  • edited August 24, 2011
    Did you also copy zotero.sqlite which is not in your storage folder?
    edit: http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
  • Success!

The Zotero folder I'd copied across was one in my old Docs folder - I don't know if I'd put that there or Zotero used to use that. Anyway I've just found another in Application Data/Mozilla (ie where its now stored by default), and that has the up to date folder.

Thanks for suggestions guys, much appreciated.