Linux Standalone: "gzip: stdin: not in gzip format"

I am very non-expert at installing from tar.bz2, but I think I'm doing it right and then I get an error: "gzip: stdin: not in gzip format". Is it me or a problem with the tarball?
  • It's not a gzip, and you're passing z. Use 'tar xvf' and it'll autodetect the format (bzip).
  • Thanks for the speedy reply! That seems to fix the command, but I'm not sure I'm seeing what to do next? A lot of stuff unpacked, but what else do I need to do to run it?
  • I'm also not really sure how to run it. For now, I extracted and run run-zotero.sh.
    Does the final version will be more integrated to OS (deb packaging, be in applications menu and so on)?
    It seems very interesting. I think to use this version for citing and continuing using Firefox for collecting information. I'm quite sure it will run smoother on my netbook!
    Thanks for this big advancement!
  • packiging for various distros is quite a bit of work - remember not all linux is ubuntu/mint... Dan has indicated that they're reluctant to do that, although that wasn't definite. Though I'm sure other people might volunteer at least an Ubuntu package.

As for applications menu - you can just put a starter in the applications menu yourself...