Spell check not working

This discussion was created from comments split from: How to disable the note editor grammar check.
  • @dstillman I actually want my spell check to work. I get the red underlines, but when I right click nothing happens. I've been searching through some of the other forums posts here, and my understand was that spellcheck was added in version 6. Am I miss understanding or is mine not functioning properly?
  • Yes, non-English spell checking was added in Zotero 6.

I'm not sure what you mean by "when I right click nothing happens". See Reporting Problems for the information we need.
  • Report ID: 308822636

My mistake, I'm not sure if there is a difference between notes and a comment on a highlighted section. I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is an actual error or just not a supported feature.

My standalone notes work as expected.
    The spellcheck there has no problem.

It appears to only be when I'm working within a document.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open some document (ex: .pdf of a paper)
    2. Use Highlight tool and mark-up some text.
    3. Click highlighted section to add some comment.
    4. Spelling errors (in comment) appear as red underlined.
    5. Right clicking on misspelling does not bring up any options.

2b. Using the "sticky note" button to add a note anywhere on the page does the same thing.

Mac 12.6
    Zotero 6.0.13
  • edited September 28, 2022
    Spell-check correction isn't currently available on PDF annotations, sorry — it's limited to underlining in the language set in the note context menu. We'll try to improve support for spell checking in annotations in a future version.
  • Great, good to know it's not an actually error on my end. My mistake for misunderstanding the limitation. It's just caught me off guard because it's recognizing the misspelling but can't do anything about it, but that's okay! I'd love to see it implemented in the future.

No worries, and thanks for helping me so quickly! You're awesome!