URGENT - Syncing across devices

Up till now I have been able to sync Zotero across Macbook and PC and to use the "show file" command to open an attachment in Acrobat to make highlights and then see these on both devices as well as updates to "Date Modified" column to be able to make sure I am prioritising my reading.

Now the attachments amends (highlights) are not being sync'ed on both devices and I cannot sort by date modified because highlights and amends are not being recorded as modified.

This is causing me massive difficulty with a bibliography that is more than 250 references.
  • See Files Not Syncing. Zotero will automatically upload any locally modified file.

Also, to be clear, if you always want to use an external PDF reader rather than the Zotero PDF reader, you should just set that in the General pane of the preferences. There's no need to use Show File every time if you don't want to use the Zotero PDF reader. (But of course we recommend using the Zotero PDF reader for more efficient syncing of annotations.)

Modifying a file externally has never updated the Date Modified field of items, so you're just misremembering that.