Localization differences in Windows and Linux

I've recently made the switch to Linux (Ubuntu) and have discovered that German localization in Zotero (2.0b7.5, FF 3.5.5 on both systems) is so much more incomplete under Linux than it is under Windows Vista. Why is that? Is there anything to do about it?
Sorry if my question has been answered already, I searched the forums and did not find a satisfactory explanation.
  • Locales are platform independent so there should be no difference. Zotero 2.0 currently lags behind Zotero 1.0 in terms of overall localization of strings because localization can't begin until strings are "frozen." Perhaps you were running Zotero 1.0 before? There are also several German locales (AT, CH, and DE). Make sure you're using de-DE.

We expect to begin the full Zotero 2.0 localization process very soon.
  • Thanks for your answer, sean. I'm glad to here there will be progress in 2.0 final. Currently, on my system there definitely are differences in localization. For example, under Windows "Short title" is correctly translated ("Kurztitel"), under Linux it isn't.
    I am guessing my problems arise from using a natively localized Firefox under Vista vs. a "normal" Firefox with German language add-ons under Linux.
    Is there any other place than extensions.zotero.export.bibliographyLocale in order to influence localization?