pdf reader freze, not working.

@adamsmith. @dstillman

Hello,
I went back to version 6 of zotero again because of your warnings. However, no matter which pdf file I open, the pdf does not always open. error #758133499 also sometimes the computer freezes when turned on.

An error occurred while opening the pdf. 758133499
An error occurred while commenting the page. 1460023306

pdf.js version 2.8.0 (built: 7ea75b5)
beginDrawing@resource:// zotero/pdf-reader/pdf.js:13544:7
initializeGraphics@resource://zotero/pdf-reader/pdf.js:12054:7
render/<@resource://zotero/pdf-reader/pdf.js:10594:7
notify/<@resource://zotero/pdf-reader/pdf.js:3489:16
flush@resourcee://zotero/pdf-reader/pdf.js:4003:5

The error is summed up like this.

The thing is, I don't want to be the person who keeps reporting problems for the zotero 6. However, it is really difficult for me to work in zotero because the pdf reader gives heavy and constant errors. I have completely uninstalled Zotero 6 several times. I deleted all the files on the computer. But I can't use it continuously in zotero because of this type of error. I am really looking for help in resolving this situation. or do help to work on zotero 5.

Thank you very much for your interest.
  • Please don't tag individual people for general issues.

We'd need to see the PDF in question. You can link to it here or email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.

You appear to have posted to one thread since Zotero 6 came out, in which you declined to provided specific details about any problems you were experiencing. We can't fix something if you don't report it.

Also, to be clear, if you're having trouble with specific PDFs in the Zotero 6 PDF reader, you can just right-click → Show File and open those externally, or even set Zotero to use an external PDF reader from the General pane of the preferences. There's no reason you would need to switch back to Zotero 5 because of this.

But obviously the built-in PDF reader should work fine, so it's better to actually report the problems you're experiencing.