1460710645 - Zotero Add In in Word Ribbon but says Add-In not installed

My Word Add-In shows Zotero, the top menu in Word shows Zotero and all of its normal options, the document which worked last week still shows a Zotero reference when selected (highlights it in text), but I cannot make any citation edits or changes as I'm getting an error message that "Zotero cannot load the component necessary to communicate with your word processor. When I go to Zotero and click Add In, nothing happens. In Word Advanced Options it shows Zotero as enabled. Help!
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited September 12, 2022
    Zotero could not load the component necessary to communicate with your word processor. Go to Tools → Add-ons → Extensions in Zotero and make sure that the extension for your word processor is enabled.
    Have you tried restarting your computer?

    If so, try going to your Zotero profile directory, deleting extensions.json and the 'extensions' folder, and restarting Zotero.

    If that doesn't help, try reinstalling Zotero. Your data won't be affected.
Sign In or Register to comment.