Quick way to relocate linked files?

Hi, I use a linked-file system in Zotero. I am thinking of re-organising my PDF files but that would mean I would have to re-link every single file that got moved around in Zotero. Is there a more efficient way to re-link files in batches? Thanks.
  • edited September 1, 2022
    Set up a linked attachment base directory, move the files, update the base directory.
    Thanks, but not sure I follow. I have a link attachment base directory set up but there are lots of sub-folders in there. If I move some files to a different or new sub folder in my 'finder' (Mac), Zotero would not be able to find them anymore and I'd have to locate them one by one, right?
  • This would be for moving the entire parent folder to a different location.

For moving individual subfolders to different places, you'd have to batch-change paths using the Zutilo plugin.
  • ah, thanks! That takes me to a Github forum which is not for me as I am no developer, so I'll leave that as it is. I suppose I'll make some time to just re-link individual Zotero items. Thanks for your help.
    No, just scroll down on that page for installation instructions. It's absolutely meant for end users.
  • mmmm ok... will try..... scary.