I need CVPR reference style

I need to apply a CVPR reference style to my research.
What should I do?
  • You haven't provided sufficient information to allow anyone to help. See:

https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/REQUESTING.md#requesting-csl-styles

It isn't clear what entity style you need (IEEE, Computer Vision, etc.). If this is IEEE, you can view the existing IEEE style options here:
    https://www.zotero.org/styles
    and enter IEEE in the search field.
  • The style is differnt from IEEE.

According to the guideline from CVPR,
    '''
    List and number all bibliographical references in 9-point Times, single-spaced, at the end of your paper. When referenced in the text, enclose the citation number in square brackets, for example [5]. Where appropriate, include page numbers and the name(s) of editors of referenced books. When you cite multiple papers at once, please make sure that you cite them in numerical order like this [1, 2, 4-6]. '''

Reference styles are as below:
    [1] FirstName Alpher, Frobnication. IEEE TPAMI, 12(1):234– 778, 2002.
    [2] FirstName Alpher and FirstName Fotheringham-Smythe. Frobnication revisited. Journal of Foo, 13(1):234–778, 2003.
    [3] FirstName Alpher, FirstName Fotheringham-Smythe, and FirstName Gamow. Can a machine frobnicate? Journal of Foo, 14(1):234–778, 2004.
    [4] FirstName Alpher and FirstName Gamow. Can a computer frobnicate? In CVPR, pages 234–778, 2005.
    [5] FirstName LastName. The frobnicatable foo filter, 2014. Face and Gesture submission ID 324. Supplied as supplemental material fg324.pdf.
    [6] FirstName LastName. Frobnication tutorial, 2014. Supplied as supplemental material tr.pdf.

Due to the high volume of papers submitted at recent computer science conferences, it is necessary to add reference styles of top conference papers such as CVPR and NIPS to Zotero.
  • You'll need to provide all the information outlined in the linked guide, otherwise our volunteers cannot fulfill your request.
  • All detailed instructions are given in the ms word file.
    So, I've left a link below to download the zip file from the CVPR conference webpage.

https://cvpr2022.thecvf.com/sites/default/files/2021-10/cvpr2022-author_kit-v1_1-1.zip

Please, unzip the file and then check the file 'FinalPaperTemplate' in the folder 'word'.

I would be very grateful if volunteers could add a reference style for the conference.

• Please (re-)read the instructions here closely: https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/REQUESTING.md#requesting-csl-styles just linking through guidelines isn't sufficient.
  • edited September 13, 2022
    To be clear: Use the exact examples in the link above (Authors, Titles, and other metadata) and place those into the style you are requesting. It is not sufficient to use your own authors, titles, and metadata. Styles are developed by volunteers. By using the exact in-text and bibliography examples but in your needed style the experienced volunteers can recognize similarities and differences with existing styles. That allows them (primarily, @damnation) to have a starting point and not try to start from a blank slate.

Quoting from the requesting styles guide:

Two citations, for a journal article and a book chapter, in the format of the style you're requesting. Create these citations for the two items shown below, the article by Campbell and Pedersen and book chapter by Mares. If your request does not contain these specific citations, you will be asked to revise it. Provide both in-text citations and bibliographic entries. For, e.g., the APA style, these citations would look like:

In-text citation:
    (Campbell & Pedersen, 2007)
    (Mares, 2001)

Bibliography:
    Campbell, J. L., & Pedersen, O. K. (2007). The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. Comparative Political Studies, 40(3), 307–332. https://doi.org/10.1177/0010414006286542
    Mares, I. (2001). Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? In P. A. Hall & D. Soskice (Eds.), Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage (pp. 184–213). New York: Oxford University Press.

• Here are examples in both in-text citations and bibliographic entries.

In-text citation:
    [1]
    [2,3]
    [4-6]

Bibliography:
    [1] Qiang Geng, Dien Wang, Pengfei Chen, and Shih-Chi Chen. Ultrafast multi-focus
    3-d nano-fabrication based on twophoton polymerization. Nature
    communications, 10(1):1–7, 2019
    [2] Joseph R Bartels, Jian Wang, William Whittaker, Srinivasa G Narasimhan, et al.
    Agile depth sensing using triangulation light curtains. In ICCV, pages 7900–7908,
    [3] Dustin Stuart, Oliver Barter, and Axel Kuhn. Fast algorithms for generating binary
    holograms. arXiv preprint arXiv:1409.1841, 2014.
    [4] Keyence Corporation of America. https :
    //www.keyence.com/products/safety/lightcurtain/, 2021
    [5] Authors. The frobnicatable foo filter, 2006. ECCV06 submission ID 324. Supplied
    as additional material eccv06.pdf
    [6] Brenden M. Lake, Ruslan Salakhutdinov, Jason Gross, and Joshua B. Tenenbaum.
    One shot learning of simple visual concepts. In Laura A. Carlson, Christoph
    Hölscher, and Thomas F. Shipley, editors, CogSci, 2011.

The types of reference sources are presented below.
    [1]: Journal
    [2]: Conference
    [3]: e-Print archive
    [4]: Keyence
    [5]: Supplementary
    [6]: Book

Please help me.
  • edited September 19, 2022
    Please read the forum posts above from me, adamsmith, and damnation. Several of us have tried and tried to help. However, you are not providing the information that is needed. Please consider asking someone you trust to read the recent posts and maybe they can help you to understand what is necessary for requesting a style. Could it be that our request is so simple and straightforward that you think that it cannot be as easy as that?

Do not use Qiang Geng, J.R. Bartels, D. Stuart or anyone else in your examples.

Imagine that you need to cite the Campbell and Peterson journal article for your manuscript and then simply format that specific journal article using your bibliographic style.

Then, using the metadata for the book chapter authored by Mares from the book edited by Hall and Soskice; format the metadata in your desired style.

Place those two items formatted in the style you need into your next post to this forum. You do not need to provide examples of "Keyence", "Supplementary" or "e-Print archive". You only need to provide examples of the journal article and book chapter citations in your needed style.

That said, I see other problems with your examples:

I suspect that your "book" example [6] is incomplete and incorrectly styled. The citation is to a book chapter or more specifically to a paper in a conference proceeding (Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society). You omitted the name of the book and didn't sufficiently indicate that CogSci (Cognitive Science Society) is the publisher. [It may be that the abbreviations you used are acceptable in the CVPR reference style]

Also, your #2 conference proceeding example is surely incomplete and incorrectly styled. There is insufficient information in that cite to tell the reader that this item (doi: 10.1109/ICCV.2019.00799) is from a conference proceeding book of the International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) held Oct. 27 2019 to Nov. 2 2019 in Seoul, South Korea.