removing parentheses in endnotes in chicago style

Hello,
All of my endnotes look like this: (Wolf-Gould 2009). If I try to remove the parentheses, it deletes the whole end note. How can I make this static text so I can delete the parentheses?
  • Could you step back a bit and say more about what citation style you want in general in the document? In most cases it'd be preferable to adjust the citation style or use a different one rather than manually editing citations.
  • We are using chicago style throughout a book with many authors. I used zotero for my chapters, others used other reference generators. I would rather change the text to static and remove the parentheses because we have corrected a number of errors in the references in static text that would return as errors if I hit "refresh". But I can't remove the parentheses without removing the entire end note.
  • If you just want to turn citations into static text, use the "Unlink Citations" button in the Zotero Word toolbar -- I'd very much recommend doing that in a copy, though, so if you want to go back to updating/updatable citations, you can