Tag selector disappears after clicking on pane border

I noticed that clicking on the border of the tag selector pane makes the tags disappear. Clicking on the border a second time then makes the tag selector pane disappear. Is this behavior expected?

Note that the cursor icon is not the resizing one. Rather, it's the finger pointing one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cc7dtKKaHNPo9A68DdxsQeVewM7l9Jmk/view?usp=sharing
  • It looks like you have the Zotero Night plugin. Try disabling it, and see if the error persists.
  • No, not using the Night plugin. That's just how Zotero looks with my Linux theme.

Are you unable to reproduce this?
  • The finger pointing cursor is for collapsing and reopening a pane in Zotero for Linux. You can also find it from the bottom of the Collections Pane after collapsing the Tag Selector. It is available from the centre of all panes. Do you see the same problem for other panes also?

I have tested in Ubuntu 20.04 with Zotero 6.0.14-beta.1+79246196a, and it collapses the tag selector pane from the first click. As far as I know, Windows does not have this ability to collapse a pane with a click at the centre of the pane border. So you will probably need to provide more information on your OS, Zotero version and plugins to track why you have a different behaviour.

PS: I am curious how you can still see the metadata of an item while your central pane is empty. If my central pane is empty, the item pane on the right-hand side will also be empty for me, just showing "No items in this view".

• edited August 27, 2022
    Thanks @mjthoraval. I'm only able to get the finger pointing cursor for the tag selection pane. I haven't yet found the right cursor location for it to appear in the other panes.

Regarding the visible metadata, I'm not sure how that happened. The Trash collection was focused, and I believe there was an item in the trash which I subsequently emptied. However, I just tried that again and the metadata view is empty now.

I'm using Zotero 6.0.13 on Arch Linux and the only add-on is Better BibTex.